Binge watching it’s self is not the healthiest activity in the world, but with more and more shows streaming every day, it’s really hard not to take part. The one thing you can control, however, is how you snack while you binge watch. It’s not as hard as you think to drink and eat healthy while binging on your favorite show.
1. Ice Water With Lime or Lemon wedges: Sure, this might sound a little boring, but ice water is extremely healthy when it comes to invigorating your nervous system. It will also keep you awake for your entire binge session.
2. Frozen Peanut Butter and Banana Bites: These are super easy to make and even more yummy to eat. Slice down a banana into small wedges, smooth some peanut butter in between them, and freeze them for 30 minutes. Melt down some dark chocolate, dip the banana pieces in the chocolate, freeze them until you’re ready to serve. They only need a few minutes to thaw out before you consume the extra yummy treat!
3. Seasoned Popcorn: Pop some non-buttered popcorn and have fun seasoning it yourself! There are so many healthy seasonings you can cover your popcorn with, such as Italian seasoning or lemon pepper. My personal favorite: cover your popcorn in extra virgin olive oil, smoked paprika and garlic powder.
4. Veggies and Hummus: This snack is beyond easy to make. You simply cut down your favorite veggie and dip them in a bowl filled with delicious hummus. Try the yummy roasted red pepper hummus for an extra kick.
5. Avocado Deviled Eggs: My personal favorite binge watching snack is deviled eggs spruced up with Avocado. They’re prepared exactly like normal deviled eggs except you mix the yellow yolk with Avocado. It’s healthy and savory. Make sure you drizzle some lime juice over your eggs to add some extra flavor.
These snacks will make sure that you don’t turn into a total couch potato even if you are watching hours of television.